when people are like HE LOOKS LIKE AN ALIEN to make benedict seem less hot but you humans ain’t shit and he looks like noble prince elfangor holla
I really want a science fiction story where aliens come to invade earth and effortlessly wipe out humanity, only to be fought off by the wildlife.
They were expecting military resistance. They weren’t counting on bears.
FIFTY FAVOURITE CHARACTERS » 4. Marco, Animorphs
Someday, if we won, if humanity survived, we’d be in the history books. Me and Jake and Rachel and Cassie and Tobias and Ax. They’d be household names, like generals from World War II or the Civil War. Patton and Eisenhower, Ulysses Grant and Robert E. Lee. Kids would study us in school. Bored, probably.
And then the teacher would tell the story of Marco. I’d be a part of history. What I was about to do. Some kid would laugh. Some kid would say “Cold, man. That was really cold.”
I had to do it, kid. It was a war. It’s the whole point, you stupid, smug, smirking little jerk! Don’t you get it? It was the whole point. We hurt the innocent in order to stop the evil. Innocent Hork-Bajir. Innocent Taxxons. Innocent Human-Controllers. How else to stop the Yeerks? How else to win?
No choice, you punk. We did what we had to do.
"Cold, man. That Marco dude? He was just cold."
this website changed my life
I am literally not clever enough for this website. Like, I have no idea how you are supposed to incorporate all of this information. Does Rachel go shopping for an ipad at the mall in the middle of a heist where all the electronics are stolen. and like Rachel is fine but she thinks the yeerks are trying to steal all of the electronics for some awful sort of plans but when the animorphs investigate it is a modern day robin hood?
like?? the ideas are only terrible because I am not brilliant enough.
things to remember about animorphs:
- two of the main cast are poc. the alien in his human form is a poc as well.
- the traditionally feminine, concerned-with-looks character, who spends her free time shopping and who has perfect blonde hair and who follows fashion trends, is also the team’s main combat powerhouse and is generally ferocious and terrifying in combat and a Soldier more than anyone else in the team. these things do not negate each other
- the other female character is the kind and gentle one but also strong as fuck and the most talented at the animorph’s Main Skill
- there are love plots, but they are understated and affect the characters without defining them. they are also, in one case, fucking tragic
- realistic portrayals of ptsd and general trauma
- varied family compositions and firm calling out of families that emotionally abuse children
- characters are not portrayed as single handedly able to save mankind, they are just trying to hold out so that the cavalry can arrive
- it is all available free, online, right fucking now
LITERALLY EVERYBODY NEEDS TO READ ANIMORPHS.
you learned about thermals from animorphs don’t even lie u little shits
Okay, fine, Rachel. You want to do this, fine. I think you’re the bravest member of the group. I think in a bad fight I’d rather have you with me than anyone else. But yeah, Rachel, I think there’s something pretty dark down inside you. I think you’re the only one of us who would be disappointed if all this ended tomorrow. Cassie hates all this, Marco has personal reasons for being in this war, Ax just wants to go home and fight Yeerks with his own people, Tobias… who knows what Tobias wants anymore? But you, Rachel, you love it. It’s what makes you so dangerous to the Yeerks.