it’s too quiet | a playlist of unnerving instrumentals
requested by alittlethor
Allison Weiss - “Au Revoir (Adios)” (Front Bottoms cover)
Allison Weiss covered The Front Bottoms ahead of her tour with them, and as the video shows, she played every instrument herself.
Gogol Bordello - Start Wearing Purple
A (somewhat subjective) history of female vocalists through the first half of the 20th century in the form of 8tracks mixes.
- 1920s/30s - Annette Hanshaw | Ruth Etting | Josephine Baker…
- 1940s - Billie Holiday | Vera Lynn | Sarah Vaughan…
- 1950s - Eartha Kitt | Connie Francis | Big Mama Thornton…
- 1960s - Etta James | Doris Day | Lesley Gore…
This is a great post but it really bugs me that that picture says “1650s”
twenty one pilots - Truce +rain inspired by [x]
stay alive, stay alive for me
you will die but now your life is free
take pride in what is sure to die
genderplay: cover songs that don’t gender/heteronormalize
1. be my husband (nina simone) by ed sheeran // 2. when you were mine (prince) by tegan and sara // 3. no angels (‘no scrub’ by tlc) by bastille // 4. sex and candy (marcy playground) by la chansons // 5. wherever, whenever (shakira) by mundy // 6. wicked games (the weeknd) by coeur de pirate // 7. this woman’s work (kate bush) by greg laswell // 8. electric feel (mgmt) by katy perry // 9. hot in herre (nelly) by jenny owen youngs // 10. alejandro (lady gaga) by all time low // 11. nothin’ in the world can stop me worryin’ bout that girl (the kinks) by feist // 12. you outta know (alanis morissette) by jonathan coulton // 13. hollaback girl (gwen stefani) by foals // 14. daniel (bat for lashes) by josh reichmann // 15. surfer girl (the beach boys) by cocorosie // 16. it’s my party (lesley gore) by kings of convenience // 17. whatever you like (t.i.) by anya marina // 18. girls just wanna have fun (cindi lauper) by starfucker // 19. i don’t wana know (mario winans) by florence + the machine // 20. you know i’m no good (amy winehouse) by arctic monekys // 21. just like heaven (the cure) by the watson twins
I Was A Teenage Anarchist | Against Me!
I see all declarations of “I like everything except rap and country” as my signal to play Grindcore, west African hip-life, breakcore, Coleman era experimental jazz, and classic Franciscan monk chants.